Mailbox Merchants® is one of the West’s largest independently-owned direct mail advertising companies. Our “Shared Mail” programs are well established in 35 markets across six western states and we are currently looking for a sales professional to spearhead our efforts in the local market.
The Advertising Sales Account Representative is responsible for generating sales of shared mail advertising products and other services to current and prospective clients in an assigned territory.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a top sales performer who likes to work independently but with the support of a solid company behind them. The candidate will have demonstrated, proven skills and success in an advertising field (preferably print, but radio and/or TV is acceptable). This is a business-to-business sales position; therefore, strong presentation skills and an ability to make good business sense are essential to our clients. We are looking for a self-starter with an ability to work without day-to-day supervision.
• Sell our shared mail advertising products and other services to current and prospective clients in the assigned territory
• Understand and actively use all marketing materials to inform and provide clients with the information and incentives needed to make a favorable buying decision
• Be aware of competing media, taking and take necessary steps to minimize their market share in the assigned territory
• Perform all administrative duties required to meet our published deadlines and ensure timely distribution of Mailbox Merchants®
This position is Home Based.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus commission and bonus
Training: Comprehensive paid training at our Portland headquarters
Benefits: Paid expenses, 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), paid time off (PTO)
• Advertising sales experience
• Proven business-to-business outside sales experience (2+ years)
• Strong prospecting, presentation and selling skills
• Proven history in a self-directed work environment
• Outstanding time-management skills
• Strong consultative sales ability
• Proficient Internet and computer skills
• A valid, current state-issued Driver's License and proof of insurance
• Successful completion of a pre-employment background check