Summary: Mailbox Merchants® is one of the West’s largest independently-owned direct mail advertising companies. Our “Shared Mail” programs are well established in 31 markets across six western states and we are currently looking for a highly motivated sales professional to spearhead our efforts in the local market.
The Advertising Sales Representative is responsible for generating sales of shared mail advertising products and other services to current and prospective clients in an assigned territory.
The ideal candidate for this position is a top sales performer who likes to work independently, but with the support of a solid company behind them. The candidate will have demonstrated, proven skills and success, preferably in an advertising field, but any related business-to-business sales experience will be considered. Strong business development, presentation, technological, and research skills, along with an ability to make good business sense, are essential. We are looking for a self-starter with an ability to work without day-to-day supervision.
• Sell our shared mail advertising products and other services to current and prospective clients in the assigned territory
• Understand and actively use all marketing materials to inform and provide clients with the information and incentives needed to make a favorable buying decision
• Be aware of industry trends and competing media, taking necessary steps to maximize our market share in assigned territories.
• Perform all administrative duties required to meet our published deadlines and ensure timely distribution of Mailbox Merchants®
This position is home based.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus commission and bonus
Training: Comprehensive paid training at our Portland headquarters
Benefits: Paid expenses, 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), paid time off (PTO)
• Advertising sales experience and/or related business-to-business sales experience and/or a combination will be considered
• 5+ years’ proven business-to-business outside sales experience
• Strong prospecting, presentation and selling skills
• Ability to incorporate research and industry knowledge into sales process
• Proven history in a self-directed work environment
• Outstanding time-management skills
• Strong consultative sales ability
• Up-to-date Internet and computer skills including experience incorporating CRM software
• A valid, current state-issued Driver's License and proof of insurance
• Successful completion of a pre-employment background check