Signature Graphics is a locally-owned, full-service heatset and coldset commercial printer with direct mail advertising and graphic design businesses located in NE Portland, Oregon with approximately 150 employees. Since opening in 1984, Signature has become one of the largest printers in the Pacific Northwest, and we are currently looking for Part-Time Finishing General Workers to help with finalizing products after going through the printing phase.
The Part-Time Finishing General Worker loads paper advertisements onto an inserting machine hopper and/or removes inserted paper products from the inserter machine and bundles copies using a strapping machine, then stacks finished product onto pallets.
• Performs work in Mailing, Bindery, or Inserting as required
• Assists in operation of equipment and performs other related tasks as required
• Helps to minimize product waste to reasonable levels
• Ability to work within deadlines, make appropriate decisions within company guidelines, and work independently
• Ability to function comfortably in a fast-paced, performance-based warehouse environment
• Punctual and attends work in a regular and reliable manner within company guidelines
• Self-motivated, positive and a cooperative team player
Compensation: Non-exempt (hourly) competitive wage, depending upon experience
Benefits: Sick Time
• Manual dexterity is required
• Close, distant, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Standing for 11.50 hours/shift
• Ability to walk, stoop, kneel, bend, or stretch
• Must be able to reach, lift, push, pull or carry objects with hands and arms, have dexterity of hands and fingers and good hand/eye coordination
• Ability to repeat the same motions and hold steady in one position
• Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Frequent bending and twisting
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
• Successful completion of a pre-employment background check
• Basic proficiency in English
Day shift, with some occasional extra time needed to support production deadlines and unanticipated events.