Machine Maintenance Mechanic, Day Shift
Machine Maintenance Mechanic
Signature Graphics is a locally-owned, full-service heatset and coldset commercial printer with direct mail advertising and graphic design businesses located in NE Portland, Oregon with approximately 150 employees. Since opening in 1984, Signature has become one of the largest printers in the Pacific Northwest, and we are currently looking for a Machine Maintenance Mechanic to help with maintaining the equipment utilized in the facility.
The Machine Maintenance Mechanic performs repair and preventative maintenance on production equipment in our plant (printing press, bindery and mailing machines). This position requires the use of hand and power tools to inspect, lubricate, repair, fabricate, assemble, and install equipment. Duties include the use of electrical, pneumatic, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical and welding. Must be able to work closely with machine operators and production managers and assist in the startup, running and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Performs repair and periodic maintenance on production equipment: printing presses, bindery and mailing machines
• Uses hand and power tools to inspect, lubricate, repair, fabricate, assemble, and install equipment
• Performs electrical, pneumatic, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical and welding work
• Works closely with machine operators and production managers and assists in startup, running and troubleshooting equipment
• Follows all safety guidelines, minimizes down time of machines, and keeps all machines in safe working conditions
Compensation: Non-exempt (hourly) competitive wage, depending upon experience
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), paid time off (PTO), 401(k) plan
• 5+ years experience in a production setting required
• Any relevant post high school training is a plus
• Experience with machine maintenance (pneumatic, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical), welding, and electrical work required
• Must understand basic shop math and geometry
• Must follow safety guidelines, minimize the down time of machines, and keep all machines in safe working order and conditions
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
• Successful completion of a pre-employment background check
• Basic proficiency in English
Day shift, with some overtime needed to support production deadlines and unanticipated events.