Signature Graphics is a locally-owned, full-service heatset and coldset commercial printer with direct mail advertising and graphic design businesses located in NE Portland, Oregon with approximately 150 employees. Since opening in 1984, Signature has become one of the largest printers in the Pacific Northwest, and we are currently looking for Press General Workers/Press Joggers to help with organizing and stacking freshly printed items as they come off the press.
The Press General Worker/Press Jogger helps to maintain the efficiency of the press by effectively organizing and stacking freshly printed items as they come off the press.
• Takes daily direction from Press Lead Operator for daily instructions
• Prepares press area by empting all garbage cans before and after shift, filling all solvent and blanket wash bottles, setting out clean rags and dispose of dirty ones in appropriate containers, wiping down area before and after shift
• Reads and familiarizes oneself with the job ticket and the skid tags
• Verifies bundle counts, turns, and proper stacking configuration
• Sets out proper skids and proper cardboard
• Removes printed papers or folded signatures from delivery unit of web printing press
• Flexes stacks of papers between hands and jog into square alignment
• Stacks into precise alignment on pallet for removal to another area
• Cleans and maintains delivery equipment following daily/weekly schedules
• Sets up delivery equipment according to Operators instructions and information from the job ticket
• Uses tying machine when needed
• Complies with all safety requirements
• Notifies Press Lead Operator immediately of any problems relating to the equipment or its operation
• Makes minor repairs and adjustments to the equipment when needed
Compensation: Non-exempt (hourly) wage
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), paid time off (PTO), 401(k) plan
• Must follow safety guidelines at all times
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
• Successful completion of a pre-employment background check
• Basic proficiency in English
• Other duties as assigned including quality control and cleaning of work area
• Day shift, with some overtime needed to support production deadlines and unanticipated events.